The Eighty-eighth Session of the Commission
New York, 18 - 29 March 2019
The International Civil Service Commission held its eighty-eighth session the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 18-29 March 2019.
The ICSC Chairman opened the session by presenting the Report (English | French) on activities since the last session.
During the two week session, the Commission deliberated on the following agenda items:
- Resolutions and decisions adopted by the General Assembly at its seventy-third session relating to the work of the Commission.
- Conditions of service applicable to both categories of staff: career development;
- Conditions of service of staff in the Professional and higher categories: (a) Post adjustment system: report of the working group on operational rules; (b) Relocation shipment: review of the ceiling for payments.
- Conditions of service of the General Service and other locally recruited categories: report of the working group on the review of salary survey methodologies.
- Review of the consultative process and working arrangements in the Commission.
The UN Women Goodwill Ambassador Anne Hathaway also visited the commission during this session and spoke about gender equality. Click here for her full speech.
Posted on 2 April 2019